- Unable to complete activities of daily living
- Becomes totally dependent
- Very limited, if any, communication
- Does not recognize self or others
- Loses bodily functions — incontinent, minimal mobility
- More prone to infections
- Facial expression no longer changes — flat affect
Lake Region State College. “Training for Caregivers of Individuals with Dementia.” North Dakota Department of Human Services Aging Services Division, Jan. 2006, www.silverstonegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/sample-training-caregivers-of-individuals-with-dementia.pdf.